Galveston Island Film Society
The Galveston Island Film Society is a nonprofit founded with the vision to promote and nurture a thriving film, performing and media arts community in Galveston, Texas and Galveston County area. The society is a resource for members to learn about the entertainment industry, to network and promote their projects.
Our mission is to educate through workshops, panel discussions and outreach programs for adults and youths, and to inspire creativity to bloom by providing members a platform to explore and showcase their voice. Also, to promote Galveston as the film Production destination for all.
Objective and Purpose
• Provide instruction in the Film & Entertainment Industry. (Note! The term “Entertainment” encompasses
the entire range of media arts, performing arts, visual arts, technology and entertainment business).
• Sponsor special events involving screenings, networking events, festivals, live performances, and film
• The youth of the Galveston community & county obtain an educational and professional experience in
the film industry through after-school programs, summer camps, and adult outreach programs.
• Provide film, television and multi-media consultation services for the Galveston Community
and Galveston County area.
• Directly engage in and to provide facilities for others to engage in the promotion of the film and
• Sponsor the “Annual Galveston Island Film Festival and Conference” with an emphasis on exhibiting local,
international and diverse films.
• Sponsor other informational events, open to the public which focus on all aspects of the film and
• Liaison to Hollywood, Los Angeles, and other major film and television market both domestic and international.
Address: 601 Tremont Street, #2222, Galveston, TX 77553
Phone: (409) 210-9817